March 26, 2012
Zeros 2 Heroes is currently seeking to fill the key position of PHP Developer and this position is available currently.
Zeros 2 Heroes is a technology-based social media company that makes awesome entertainment properties. Along the way, Zeros 2 Heroes has helped animation studios, television producers, film distributors and national broadcasters bridge the digital divide. We are looking for a talented developer to join our team; ability and commitment is more important than current skill set.
- Work with dynamic software development team to define requirements, translate to quality code, test and deploy
- Interact with cross-functional teams to convey technical issues affecting functionality and timelines
- Respect existing coding standards / framework but contribute ideas and enhancements to help improve productivity and team happiness
- Keep up to date with latest tech / industry trends and help the team evolve by sharing your knowledge
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with PHP, MySQL and LAMP or MAMP Server administration.
- Experience of Object-Oriented programming / modular programming (essential)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and Zend Framework. (essential)
- Understanding of and experience with the supporting infrastructure of a web application (memcache, cron, asynchronous processing). (essential)
- Hands-on knowledge of APIs for major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube). (essential)
- Strong writing unit and integration test capabilities. (essential)• Front-end development including jQuery, Dojo (desirable, not essential)
- Understanding of Ajax (desirable, not essential)
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery (desirable, not essential)
- Commercial experience in Web Application development and / or software development (desirable, not essential)
- Some knowledge of the Linux command line (desirable, not essential).
- Good levels of communication. Both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm and an interest in all things technology.
- Additional programming languages -- Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience with build pipeline, continuous integration, configuration management
- Active in the social media space and networks
- The ability to laugh under pressure
Further details at www.z2hmedia.com/careers APPLY
At Zeros 2 Heroes we pride ourselves on pushing the limits of what can be done with the constant changing world of media and technology. From comic books and television series', to alternate reality games and social media campaigns, the only thing you can expect from a typical day in the office, is that it will be anything but typical.
We are looking for driven, creative and self-motivated individuals to join our team. No matter what your experience level, if you’re ready to share your passion and collaborate on a multitude of exciting and game-changing projects, then what are you waiting for? Drop us a line.APPLY
If you want to work with our team, understand our methodology or have one of our partners speak at an industry event, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Suite 600, 55 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
(604) 684 4577